Hi there! It’s summer and it seems like every time I leave my house and run around downtown there is somebody on a street playing music. Summer means busking and every musician in the world is in the street playing a tune. I love music straight from the source. I am trying slowly but surely to break myself of my internet radio addiction and go to the artist for my music fix. Since most of the bands I listen to won’t be playing in my city anytime soon I have turned to Soundcloud for new music. Soundcloud is a great free tool for musicians that want to share their art with fans without paying a huge fee. Actually the basic Soundcloud account is free and offers limited music uploads.
I have a Soundcloud but I’m not going to share it; I’m shy. But you should definitely look into joining Soundcloud if there is music you want to share with the world. That is what Soundcloud is about, sharing. Feel free to make your music public, private, or anything in between. Some artists even enable their listeners to download the music. For musicians who want to promote their music, Soundcloud is the way to go.
The best feature about this site is it enables users to leave comments on the song at whatever point of the song they feel. This is great when you want to share a key part of the song that really wows you to the band. Some artists use this feature to explain the song’s structure which is a cool bit that I wish more artists did. It would be neat to see the process that led to the formation of a song since that opportunity doesn’t pop up nearly enough.
- New music can be uploaded to the web for fans to listen to.
- Basic accounts are free and the next level up is only a few bucks a month so it isn’t a huge expense.
- Fans can leave comments on the songs.
- Can be shared on multiple social media sites like Facebook and Twitter with no problems.
- You can reach a global audience by keeping your songs public and making them available for search.
- Great way to connect with other artists locally and around the world.
- Free account maxes out a couple hours of music.
- Does not give options for changing the layout of the artist webpage.
Soundcloud has been my go to site for music sharing and listening to cool remixes. How do you use Soundcloud?